Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wed Oct 3, 2012

I woke up early today feeling pretty good....or so I thought. We decided on going to the 11:30 class at crossfit 717 the night before, so there was no need to rush out of the house this am.

We get to 717 and everyone seems pretty friendly. The box is very nicely outfitted, tons of toys. First time I've ever seen a rig that is mobile! We got there and were already sore. I don't know why we thought it was a good idea but the workout had more cleans in it. Oh well it looked fun and I've never done "The Chief" before.

Weighted Push-up - 90x3, got 115x2 but last rep was a struggle so didn't go for the third one.

Weighted Pull-up - 75x1. I know I can do more, just felt taxed from the get go.

WOD - "the chief"
3 min amrap of
3 cleans 135#
6 push-ups
9 squats

Repeat the cycle 5 times with a 1 min rest between.

Score - 19+3

Smashed through the first few rounds. Had to start dropping the damn bar on the power cleans because my back was so smoked from all week. So many power cleans. Anyways, last two rounds sucked. Only break for me was the push-ups!

Driving wasn't too bad but doing it after the wods is def starting to take its toll. We're already sore from all the workouts and the car is just adding to it. On the way we decided to shoot a couple people a text and see what gyms in the area we should check out. After looking what the wods were and seeing which one wouldn't blow our backs out even further we decided o hit Patriot Crossfit. We walk in and immediately notice how professionally the place is run. It's quite impressive. We're there plenty early so there's plenty of time to mobilize after the long ride.

Push press 3rm - 175

Didn't feel super strong here today, have had better days but also have had much worse.

Wod - 5 RFT
5 front squats 185# (from floor)
10 bastards (lateral bar hop burpees)

Time - 6:33rx

Wod was tough but I just kept plugging away. Had to in order to stay ahead of B. Enough losing workouts to him haha. Wod was tough but I felt really good doing it. Paced the burpees throughout the Wod until the last round when I went for broke. Fun one.

Ok time for bed. I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment